Thursday, July 25, 2013

Versailles





Hey y'all.

I asked my mom if she might like a hand-knit special something this year and she selected the Versailles tank (You can't argue with something that doesn't have sleeves). I used a Fleece Artist tank kit from my stash (oh how long it lingered there!) and was off to the races. 

I knit the back and front at the same time but not in the round. (If you are like me and have avoided doing it this way because you're easily distracted Webs has offered up this good tip!).

A few mods:
I did two rounds of crochet at the bottom to stop it from rolling (if I were to do it again, I might just swap in garter stitch instead.)
I sewed up the space between the buttons to prevent gaping holes. That neck plunges pretty low and the buttons are ornamental.

:)

And just because for no reason at all -- my friend KW sent me this link and it made me happy. Love that little girl!





3 comments:

Lynn One, Purl Two said...

WHAAAAT! So pretty Tara! Your lucky Mom!

Chrissy said...

That is stunning. The colour is mouth-wateringly beautiful. I wish my Mum would choose tanks instead of huge things.

Preeti said...

What a lovely tank and the gold buttons are just perfect. Your mom will love this!
Can't help smiling at the little girl dancing :D

Post a Comment