Monday, April 23, 2012

The six-year socks



If I say at the start that this is a little ridiculous, it makes it sort of less ridic, doesn't it?

I started these Fleece Artist socks six (ahem) years ago while on vacation in Hawaii.
(Side note: love love love Hawaii. I remember the exact moments when I snapped the top two pics -- very happy times indeed.)

I knit the sock on the left in 2006  -- only the third sock I'd ever knit. I think that explains the shallow stockinette (!) heel flap and the wonky toe that I'd just pulled tight. I also used size 0 plastic needles. Then, the lonely little sock sat in a sad little ziploc until a few weeks ago.

For the second sock, I bumped up the needle size (because let's get serious...), did a proper heel (though it's still too shallow but I had to make it somewhat matchy), and grafted the toes on both shut.

There, that feels better. And that completes all of my unfinished projects. (I just wanted to see what it felt like to type that sentence... It'll feel good someday).



2 comments:

Cherryeyes said...

ALL of your unfinished projects? Oh I get it! You were just practising SAYING it! That's hilarious.

Lynn One, Purl Two said...

Honestly Tara, you should have seen my face when I read that line, 'all of your unfinished projects'. I thought 'Whaaaaat!??!? How could this be???'

You got me!

:)

Post a Comment